Please note that it is highly important for you to ensure that your domain name subscription is up to date.
If your domain name is expiring, please renew it with the domain host (such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, WordPress, etc.) that you have originally purchased your domain name from.
What Happens If I Don't Renew My Domain Name?
To avoid disruptions with the operation of your real estate website, we strongly advise against allowing your domain name to expire.
In the event that it does, please be aware that:
- All links that use your domain name and lead to your website will no longer work.
- If you have an email account that uses your domain name in the email address (e.g., "JaneDoe@agentjane.com"), the said mailbox will not be able to receive or send messages.
- The domain name becomes available for reselling to other people after a certain amount of time that it has not been renewed. The grace period is dependent on your domain host. Basically, this means that someone else can now buy and use your old domain name! As such, this can affect not only your brand, but it can also negatively affect any SEO and/or marketing efforts you have previously completed.
I can't remember/don't know who I purchased my domain name from!
If you are unsure of which hosting company you have originally purchased your domain name from, you can do a simple Who-Is search online to check.
With your chosen who-is lookup online tool:
- A. Enter your site's domain name in the text box provided.
- B. Click on the Search button or icon.
In the results:
- A. You should receive results that look similar to the example below, and it should display your domain host's name and details.
- Once you have the details you need, please contact your domain host directly regarding renewing your domain name.