An update to the system, may have caused some websites to go into a redirecting loop. The change now forces http://www.domainname.com/index.html to forcefully redirect to http://www.domainname.com to help boost SEO rankings for all websites hosted on the myRealPage platform.
1 - If your site gives you an infinite loop error
Your domain is most likely linking to the index.html page of your website. There is a new redirect in the sytem that forces index.html to the main domain which will help with SEO.
2 - Log in to the Private Office:
- Enter the URL private-office.myrealpage.com
- Enter your username (the email address you used when signing up)
- Enter your password (which you chose during the sign-up process)
- Click Login
3 - From the Dashboard:
- Click the "Website" tab
- Click the domains icon
4 - From the domains page:
- Locate the domain under "Linked to Website Pages" and click delete
5 - In the pop up:
- Click "Yes, delete it"
6 - From the domains page:
- Click the Website Domains tab
- Click the "+ Domain" button
7 - In the first Pop Up:
- Enter your domain with out http://www.
- Click link domain
8 - In the Configuration Pop Up:
- Click the check box if you wish to use this domain to recieve email
- Click the link to show you the correct nameservers to use at your domain host
- Click "select simple" to continue
9 - In the Mapping pop up:
- Choose where you want to point the domain to.
- Choose if you want to use domain with or without www.
- Add google analytics tracking ID if you have it on hand Can be added later on
- Click Next
10 - In the Home Page Details pop up:
- If you have more the one website accounr, select the website you want the domain linked to
11 - In the last pop up:
- Click Create