1 - Log in to Private Office:
- A. Enter the URL private-office.myrealpage.com
- B. Enter your username (the email address you used when signing up).
- C. Enter your password (which you chose during the sign-up process).
- D. Click Login.
2 - From the Dashboard:
- A. Click on the Website tab.
- B. Click on the +New Page icon.
3 - Creating a New Page:
- A. Give your new page a name in the field provided. Please note that this name will be what will be used for that page's URL.
- B. (Optional) You can choose from the dropdown menus if you want this new page to be a sub-page of another existing page on your site. This can be skipped for now and/or changed later on.
- C. (Recommended) Add a custom Page Title. This is the label that appears in the tabs of browsers. It also helps with SEO and online searches.
- D. (Recommended) Add a Page Description. This is the text that appears along with the link to your site when your site appears in search engine results. It also helps with SEO.
- E. Click Save.
4 - Adding Content to the New Page:
- A. After saving, you will be immediately taken to the newly-created blank page, and you can start adding content to it. Click on the +Add Content Here button.
5 - In the Select a Weblet pop up window:
- A. Locate the Neighbourhood Page weblet. You can also search for it using the search box on the upper right corner of the pop up. Select the Neighbourhood Page weblet.
6 - Neighborhood Location
- A. Provide the neighbourhood name and city.
- B. Once you're done, click on the OK button.
• Filling In The Details •
For better results, it is recommended that you go through all the details tabs, and try to provide as much information as possible about the Neighbourhood.
7 - Basic Info Tab:
- A. Click on the Basic Info tab.
- B. The Neighbourhood name and City should be pre-filled. You can also modify it here.
- C. Add a custom text summary or description of the neighbourhood.
- D. You can add a full, more detailed description of the neighbourhood using this space. In this description, you can include images, links, tables, embedded media, and so on.
- E. Add a main photo for the neighbourhood. You can choose an image that has been previously uploaded to your Web-Drive, or upload a new photo. If your image hasn't been uploaded yet, click here for instructions on how to upload files to your Web-Drive.
- F. Add/edit quick facts about the neighbourhood. You can remove lines you don't need by clicking [X] beside it.
- G. You can add lines by clicking +Add Another
- H. Choose to show or hide social media sharing links.
- I. Click on the Save Weblet button.
8 - Listings Tab:
- A. Click on the Listings Tab.
- B. Add a custom title to your listings. For example, "Homes by Jane in White Rock!"
- C. Choose whether you will display your VOW sign up/log in links.
- D. Choose the appropriate tab where you can find the listings you wish to display on this Neighbourhood Page.
- E. (Optional) You can choose to add ALL listings under this tab by clicking on the Select>> link beside it. The selected listings will appear on the right side.
- F. You can choose individual listings to be displayed by clicking on the Select>> link beside it. The selected listings will appear on the right side.
- G. You can click on the Clear All link to start over with your selections.
- H. Once you're done, click on the Save Weblet button.
9 - Photos Tab:
- A. Click the on the Photos tab.
- B. Choose to upload images from your computer to your Web-Drive by clicking on the UPLOAD Photos... button. If your images haven't been uploaded yet, click here for instructions on how to upload files to your Web-Drive. OR
- C. Choose to use images that are already in your Web-Drive by clicking on the ADD from Web-Drive button.
- D. After your photos have been added, click on the Save Weblet button.
10 - Documents / Video / Media Tab:
- A. Click on the Documents | Videos | Media tab.
- B. You can give this section a custom title. For example, "Info Kit" or "Brochures".
- You can add materials that your site visitors can view and/or download. This includes PDF files, images, videos, documents, spreadsheets, etc. You can add as many documents as needed.
- C. Choose to upload files and documents from your computer to your Web-Drive by clicking on the UPLOAD a document link. If your files haven't been uploaded yet, click here for instructions on how to upload files to your Web-Drive.
- D. Choose to use files and documents that are already in your Web-Drive by clicking on the ADD from Web-Drive link.
- E. The uploaded file will be labeled according to its original file name by default. You can change this label by clicking on the Change Name box on the edge of the file you just added. For example, instead of just "samplephoto.jpg", you can change it to something descriptive for your site visitors, such as "Neighbourhood Skyline at Sunset" etc.
- F. To remove a file, simply click on the X icon on the corner of the file to be removed.
- G. To add a video that you have previously uploaded to your YouTube account, click on the Pick from YouTube link. This will prompt you to link your YouTube account to your Private Office account, and allow you to browse through your YouTube videos and select them to be added to your Building Page.
- H. Give the video a custom title
- I. In case you are using a video hosted on other sites, use this space to add an embed code for the external video. (e.g., YouTube, DailyMotion, etc.)
- J. Click on the -Remove link to remove a media item.
- K. Click the +Add new video/media link to add a new media item (for example, if you have multiple videos you want to feature).
- L. Once you're done, click on the Save weblet button.
11 - Maps Tab:
- A. Click on the Maps tab.
- B. (Optional) Check this box to hide the Google Street Map.
- C. Use these options to move, draw on, drop a pin, and/or delete markers you've placed on the map.
- D. (Optional) Check this box to hide the WalkScore.
- E. Choose the layout of the WalkScore when it is viewed by site visitors.
- F. Once you're done, click on the Save Weblet button.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.