NOTE: This feature is only available for legacy myRealPage accounts and/or older themes. It is no longer available for new sign-ups and/or newer responsive themes.
1 - In the iPad Settings:
- A. Click the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section
- B. Select Add Account...
- C. Select Add Mail Account
2 - From the accounts page:
- A. Select the last option, “Other” from the list of account types.
3 - On the new accounts page:
- A. Enter your name that will be displayed to recipients.
- B. Enter your email address
- C. Enter your password
- D. Add an internal desctiption or name for the account, to help you identify it in case you have other email accounts.
- E. Click Next.
4 - On the new accounts page:
- A. Select the POP option
- Enter the remaining information for Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server in the spaces provided.
- The Host Name for both Incoming and Outgoing is mail.myrealpage.com
- Your User Name is your email address
- B. Press Save, this will start verifying your settings.
5 - Verifying the account may take a few minutes:
- A dialog should appear, "Cannot Connect Using SSL" -- please see the next step
6 - On the dialog box:
- Select "No"
SSL is not supported. If you choose yes by accident, it will simply try to verify and the same message will appear, so don't worry!
7 - On the New Account Screen:
- A. Press the Save button to commit the changes
- B. Press Save again when the confirmation message appears.
8 - On the Right Side:
- A. Click on your new email account
9 - On the settings for this account:
- A. Under the Outgoing Mail Server, click the SMTP button
10 - On the SMTP page:
- A. Click on the "mail.myrealpage.com" link under Primary Server
11 - Back on the settings:
- A. Make sure "SSL" is turned Off
- B. Authentication is set to "Password"
- C. Click on the "Server Port" and make sure it has "587"
- D. When finished click Done
12 - Back at the account page:
- A. Click on your new account again
13 - On the Email page:
- A. Click the "Advanced" button
14 - On the advanced page:
- Make sure "SSL" is turned Off
- Authentication is set to "Password"
- click on the "Server Port" and make sure it has "110"
15 - Once you enter the correct port:
- You are done, your email will now be set up