Please note that these images have been sized to match the recommended banner sizes for RESPONSIVE myRealPage website themes. If you have not yet switched over to a responsive theme, you can check out our selection of FREE responsive themes by clicking here. You can also get in touch with our customer support team, and we will be happy to assist you with making the switch.
Reminder: When making any major edits to your website, it is always recommended to do so on the staging version of your website first, and only applying the changes in staging to the live version of your website once you are satisfied with the changes you made. Click here to learn more about Staging.
myRealPage has recently added a Banner Image Stock Photo Library that can be accessed FOR FREE by all of our MRP website clients.
The Banner Image Stock Photo Library is a collection of tasteful, high quality stock images that features a range of subjects. Best of all, every photo included in the Library has been cropped to the ideal size for every myRealPage responsive website theme.
No need to worry about blurry images, or images that are too tall, too short, or too narrow for your site's home page banner!
To access the MRP Banner Image Stock Photo Library, simply follow these instructions.
1 - Log in to Private Office:
- A. Enter the URL private-office.myrealpage.com
- B. Enter your username (the email address you used when signing up).
- C. Enter your password (which you chose during the sign-up process).
- D. Click Login.
2 - From the Dashboard:
- A. Click the Website tab.
- B. Click All Web Pages.
3 - Check your theme
- A. On the lefthand sidebar, under the Settings section, click on the Website Theme link.
4 - Take note of your theme
- A. Take note of which theme you are currently using. (In this example, we are using the responsive website theme, Theme 900.)
- B. After noting down your theme, click on the All Pages icon on the top left corner.
5 - Open your home page editor
- A. Click on the Home Page link, or the Page Editor link that appears when you hover your mouse on the Home Page link.
6 - In the page editor
- A. Locate the Image Banner weblet on your home page. This is normally found at the top or near the top of the page.
- B. Click on the green Edit This button.
7 - In the Image Banner editor
- A. Under the Image URL text box, click on the Select Image link. This will open a pop-up window.
8 - In the Web Drive pop-up
- A. On the lefthand side of the pop-up, click on the arrow beside the icon labeled "Stock Images". This will display a subfolder.
- B. Click on the arrow beside the subfolder icon labeled "Photos". This will display further subfolders that are labeled according to the subject of the photos they contain. In this example, we will look for images that feature the exterior of a house.
- C. Select a photo category that you would like to browse. Again, click on the arrow beside it to display further subfolders that are labeled according to the MRP responsive theme that they have been resized for.
- D. Click on the folder icon beside the number of the theme you are using. Theme 900, for this example.
- E. The available stock images that are sized for that theme will now be displayed in the window for you to choose from.
9 - Selecting a new banner
- A. To view the full image, select the icon for it by clicking on it ONCE. In this example, we want to inspect/view the fourth photo in the first row.
- B. After selecting the icon, click on the Open in browser link on the righthand side.
- C. This will open the image in another pop-up window. You can close this pop-up once you're done inspecting the photo.
- D. If you have decided on an image to use, click on the OK button in the lower right corner.
10 - Image Too Large prompt
- A. If you get the pop up prompt that warns that the image is too large, simply click on the Insert Image As It Is option.
- Please note that for responsive themes, the image will automatically adjust, depending on the screen size of the device it is being viewed on. Please note that resizing the image may cause your website banner to be the wrong size on some devices.
11 - Back in the Image Banner editor
- A. The URL for the new banner image you have selected from our Stock Photo Library will be automatically added to the space provided.
- From this point on, you can proceed to either add more details to your banner, or you can repeat Steps 7 and onwards to create a banner slideshow for your homepage. Please note that most themes allow up to 10 banner images to be selected.
- B. Once you're satisfied, click on the yellow Save button on the upper right corner of the screen to save your changes.