All myRealPage websites come with a default, pre-installed robots.txt file. This article contains instructions on how to add your own custom-robots.txt file to replace/override the default one.
The following steps will have to be completed:
Creating Your Custom Robot File
Be sure your robots file is called "custom-robots.txt ". You can download our pre-made file here. Advanced users who are familiar with the process can alter this file.
1- Create your custom robots.txt file:
- A. In your robots.txt file, replace http://domain.com with your own domain name, and save the file.
Uploading Your Custom Robot File
1 - Log in to Private Office:
- A. Enter the URL private-office.myrealpage.com
- B. Enter your username (the email address you used when signing up).
- C. Enter your password (which you chose during the sign-up process).
- D. Click Login.
2 - From the Dashboard:
- A. Click the Website tab.
- B. Click All Web Pages.
3 - On the Edit Website page:
- A. Click on the Images & Files tab.
4 - In The Web-Drive:
- A. IMPORTANT: Make sure to select and highlight the root/main folder labeled My Web-Drive. This is where you must upload your new robots file in order for it to work.
- B. Click the Upload file(s) here... link.
5 - In the Pop-Up Window:
- A. Click on the Choose File(s) button.
- You can also choose to drag and drop your custom-robots file anywhere in the dark gray area. If you choose to do this, skip ahead to step 7 of this guide.
6 - From your file browser:
- A. Locate and click on your file.
- B. Click on the Open button. The uploading process will begin immediately.
7 - Upload confirmation
- A. Once the file has been uploaded, you will see a confirmation appear at the bottom of the Web-Drive window.
- B. You will now be able to see your new custom-robots file in your Web-Drive. Your website will now recognize that this is the file it should use.