Getting Started with Zapier
Zapier is a tool that will help you integrate your myRealPage contacts and leads with third party CRMs and apps.
Before you begin you must create an account with Zapier https://zapier.com/.
- Next, log in to your Private Office account by going to http://private-office.myrealpage.com
- Click "Contacts" at the top of the menu then click on "Zapier integration" in the sidebar.
Adding the myRealPage App
You will now need to add the myRealPage app to your Zapier account. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Click on "Click Here to Get Started with Zapier" and proceed to the "My App" section.
- Search for "myRealPage" and click the first item.
- An authentication window will appear. This window requires you to enter an API key. Go back to your Private Office screen and click on "Generate" then "Copy".
- Then go back to the authentication window and paste your private API key and then click on "Yes, Continue".
Now you will be able to test your connection to verify that everything is working.
Creating a Zap with the myRealPage App
To get started click on "MAKE ZAP"
Configuring the Trigger
- Search for "myRealPage" and select it from the list.
- "New or Updated Contacts" should be selected then click "Continue".
- Select your account that you have previously configured and click "Continue".
- Now, you have to decide which contact types you want to use: Clients, Leads, VOW Users or all. Then click "Continue".
- Test your trigger to make sure you can see your contact data then click "Continue".
Configuring the Action
Below is an example of using your contact data with Mailchimp. There are various other applications you can use. First, choose the app and the action event. In this case, we will be adding or updating subscribers within Mailchimp.
Then you need to select your Mailchimp account or add a new one.
Now Mailchimp needs to know how you want to populate the subscriber data. The Zapier interface gives you the ability to search for different fields like first name, last name, email etc. This data will be coming from your myRealPage contact data.
Zapier will do a quick test and create your new zap.
The last thing you need to do is to turn it on your zap. Once your zap is on it will check for new or updated contacts every 15 minutes